Travels With Myself


Thursday 25 February 2010

Hola, well today has be great but majorly busy! This morning I was with five kids by myself for the while 5 hours and no big problems there were some standoffs but I held my groud and kept saying no and eventually they got bored, I felt that finally they realised I wasn't going to backdown. I brought large sheets of paper in and we traced round children and labelled the body parts, it worked really well. This afternoon we went to the orphanage and looked after the kids while the staff had training. The hildren are all ages and it's hard miek, they are all desperate for attention and fight a lot. It has certainly made me think about adopting, it's no place for kids.
Today has been very rainy, but much alleviated as my mosquito bites had swollen up in the heat. this morning I got up early to do yoga with one of the girls, it was a very chilled start to the day.
Now for descriptions of cuidad quesada, it's a smallish rural centre in the northern region of the country. It is surrounded by mountains and fields and many cows are scattered around. The town itself is concentrated into about a 10 street grid with lots of bakeries, fruit shops and little shops, too many treats! The town itself is pretty poor, the top of the hill has a few rich houses but the rest are very run and down and there is one part which we have been told not to enter and is a shanty town, it looks like those parts if brazil I have seen. There are lots of old cars, crazy driving and stray dogs. The dogs sleep in the main square and look relatively healthy for being strays. Our house is in the center and is like a hostel inside. I share a room with 2 others, katie and michelle, although our room is for six, too crowded at that. We all get on so well as the people are all here for the same reason.
Tonight we are going to an evening class for adults learning English to help them practise but I am so tired! I want to thank you all for all your comments it's amazing to know ur reading all my posts I will reply but today has been so busy!
Off tmw night for the weekend but will hopefully post something before I go, much love xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Get some rest and enjoy your weekend! Look forward to hearing what you get up to. All thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!

    Just thought I should update you on the trials of a teenage dog.... another murphy tantrum! He got locked in the living room and you're the only one who can do the real impression! Missing you so much xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my love! What a full day you had.Quesada sounds interesting. How do the stray dogs not look worse? I hope you have a good weekend with lots of excitement. Look forward to hearing all about it. Went to see Avatar tonight. Great film!
    Lots of love. Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete