Travels With Myself


Sunday 7 March 2010

Week three

It's already come to the end of my third week, which has gone so quickly. It was such a busy week and ups and downs throughout. Monday was a difficult day, various difficulties with the kids and I decided I needed to speak to the programme people about it. So I now started two placements now, so children on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays, and an elderly residential home on Wednesdays and Fridays. The home is equally difficult and sad. The home is stated supported and a lot of the people there are there because they have been abandonned by their families due to financial difficuties or problems in the home. The poverty of the area is very apparent in this placement as the home provides food and shelter but not much else and without the volunteers they wouldn't have dancing or exercise classes or arts and crafts. Most of the residents are wheelchair bound, but just speaking to them and spending time with them. I am glad I will have time at both placements and in a few weeks I am hoping to start helping at the womans centre as well.
So the rest of my week went well, Spanish class, zumba, I played football in a staff versus voluteers game and loved it, visited a nature reserve and went to a Spanish dubbed movie, a really busy and fun week! The movie was hilariousit was that percy Jackson and lighting bolt thing, a fun experience in Spanish. My activities with the children went well, masks and animal puppets on sticks, tommorrow it's paper bag puppets, look at me all blue peter!
Anyhoo this weekend we went to Monteverde and I had an amazing time, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. A brilliant weekend and i wish you'd all been there. I will write all about it tomorrow but for now it's bedtime, love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment