Travels With Myself


Friday 12 March 2010

One month

It is coming up for a month since I left Edinburgh and it both feels like I've been here longer, yet it's also gone in a flash. I am feeling comfortable in both my placements and look forward to them, well at least I look forward to the elderly cate home! I feel like I am makin friends at the placements and that the people enjoy having me there. Yesterday the group went to a huge waterfall in la fortuna after work. We has to hike down to it and the was a pool we could swim in. The water was really cold and refreshing and the current was pretty strong so we could ride the current down the stream. It was a beautiful waterfall that spilled out from the Forrest into this pool hundreds of feet below. However as we had hiked down, getting back to the bus was not so enjoyable- over 450 steps! Yup I felt the burn! I justiied it by eating ice cream when we got home. The weather has turned room here in cuidad quesada. It has been sunny and hot all week, we are all hoping it will stay like this for a while, the rain was bringing the mood down. I hope to cone back with at least some healthy colour! Watch this space xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Any outdoor pursuits this weekend? Or cocktails on the beach? Either and both would suit me just fine right now. Have a wonderful weekend and look forward to reading what you get up to x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying reading your Blog Sophie! Glad you are having such a great time but we are all missing you at Jonathan Avery xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaah, it sounds gorgeous, just gorgeous. Elderly people are cool, glad you're enjoying it. I have made it to the end of term! One optional class tomo (check me out, super studious, going in for an extra, optional class;). How's the tan coming along?
    much love
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete