Travels With Myself


Saturday 22 January 2011

Something new



I really enjoyed blogging when I was away last year but I though it would be fun to do something different while I am away this year. I currently work at Jonathan Avery and this Christmas Jo gave me the cutest little crochet owl. They are all hand-made by her and sold in the shop, I do love them. So I have this little owl now sitting on my dressing table and I though maybe he could come with me? I will try to take little pictures of him (I think it is a he) around my travels and attempt to post them on my blog.
However this poor owl doesn't have a name, so I welcome any suggestions and maybe we can decide together? All ideas welcome!

6 comments:

  1. Make sure you check out Jo's blog and you can make your own owl with her tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - well my first thought was of course the classic name 'owly'. But seeing as this owl is Edinburgh born and bred how about a good solid traditional name like Hector?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stumped, there aren't many famous owls. Even Athena's owl doesn't seem to have a name (don't think one poem counts). How about a swashbuckling name like Horatio?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oscar or Oliver for a boy.
    Or Olwyn if you are willing to let it be a girl!
    Or Hooters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, look at that little owl...
    I like Olwen, as that is my middle name, but I agree he is a boy, so maybe Oscar would be nice. I have just posted about him and you on my blog. looking forward to seeing where he turns up!

    ReplyDelete