Travels With Myself


Saturday 22 January 2011

So, whats the plan stan?

In the lead up to my departure I thought it may be good if I shared with you the plan for John and I's trip. I have to admit it is still just the bare bones of a plan, but I think it will need to remain so until we arrive to let us be flexible, mud slides and all!
On the 14th we set off for the 'Big Smoke' of London where our flight will leave on the 15th, very early! The first destination is Rio and we are staying in Copacabana, tres classy. I am rather tempted to get a spray tan just so I am not completely luminous on arrival, pale and beautiful my arse, it will be an eye sore.
The vague trajectory of the trip is Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru and on to Ecuador, where I will fly home at the end of June. Seems epic when I put it all down like that.

I actually can't fathom how on earth I am going to pack, I got used to travelling light in Costa Rica and then reverted to my old habits once back in the UK (my suitcase for the All Tomorrow's Parties was hilarious, the fact it was a suitcase is just silly). So in my usual habit I am writing list upon list of what I need to take with me, which keeps getting longer. Any travelling light tips would be much appreciated!

So the planning continues and the excitment is growing. I just need to pratice my spanish more..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite a trip, Sophie. Looking forward to reading all about it x

    ReplyDelete