Travels With Myself


Tuesday 6 April 2010

General Costa Rica observations

Ok, so I know I am not up to date with the travels but there are some odd costa rica things I feel like I need to document/ share with you all back in Scotland/England.

1. All the songs on the radio here are from the late 80s or the 90s. Every day is like a person trip down memory lane. Today for example Ace of Base, Madonna, The Blood Hound Gang and Blink 182 were all playing on the radio! It is all the things we used to listen to growing up! There is also always that dance tracks from compilations like Now 29 or 32 that I never know the name of. The bus to placement in the mornings is always fun as it results in some kind of fun sing-a-long with Jocelyn.

2. Mannequins, yes I know, weird point BUT all the shop dummies here are very different. They have HUGE and I mean HUGE breats which are pushed up and out and tiny waists. Not only this but their bottoms are stuffe with foam, proper JLo style. They are all like this, I find them disturbingly sexual but it seems to be the norm here. I will take a picture before I leave so I can show you all what I mean.

3. Stray dogs, there are a lot of stray dogs in here, a least one every block and they all look addly similar. I figured out what I found so weird about them recently. They are all pretty cute but they all look like they have had their bodies enlarged and their legs shrunk. They have really short stubby legs but the bodies of normal sized dogs. I dont know if this is a reaction to something in costa rica, like the heat or something (I know I am clutching at straws) but it is just so weird! Again I will take more pics to illustrate.

Hmmmm what else? Can´t think of any more right now but will add to this post as I notice more things! Love love xxx

5 comments:

  1. Pleeeese take photos of the voluptuous mannequins and the mutant dogs! They both sound hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80s/90s music always makes me cheerful, mostly because a lot of its so bad it just makes me laugh, sounds like a great way to start the day.

    Mannequins and mutant dogs both sound a-maz-ing. I'm trying to imagine somewhere like M&S with hump-tastic mannequins! Like a Britney makeover for their back-to-school displays!

    A theory: the dogs legs never stretch long enough cos its so hot they don't move around too often, a kind of evolutionary thing making short legs an advantage as you aren't tempted to move around and tire your little doggy self out. I can do science me!

    The spitting volcano sounds amazing, if a little scary, and I'm very impressed with your Spanish progress, go chica!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mannequins are amazing, I just need to go out at the right time and take pictures without the shop owners noticing! My fav one is a particularly curvey lady in a wedding dress with her arms pushing her chest out! At least the dress isn't White xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect mads, just perfect, so um yah!

    ReplyDelete